Bushfire Rebuild projects can still be submitted under the local stream, however, these will be reviewed in line with other submissions and the project criteria within the terms and conditions. The quarterly review period will apply to all applications.
If you’re looking to apply, here’s a quick checklist of information to have on hand before you get started.
Project plan: What is the scope of work, who is involved and what are you hoping to achieve? Tell us a story about the people you are helping, what they’ve been through and what this project will mean for them.
Required funding: We’d like to know how much you need to make your project a success. Map out all your anticipated costs in as much detail as you can so we can get a clear idea of your requirements.
Project timeline: When are you planning to get this thing off the ground? It might be in two weeks or it might be in two months – it’s important for us to know which so we can review your application accordingly. Please include any information on materials needed and logistics.
The team: Who will be helping you with this project? It might be friends and family, colleagues, or maybe you’re teaming up with another charity or organisation. Are there any local government requirements?
The Review Process
Each submission will be reviewed and assessed by a selection panel on a quarterly basis in accordance with the below review process.
- Each application is reviewed by a team of reviewers from Reece
- Those applications marked for approval progress to a discussion review
- A shortlist is created from the discussion review
- Background checks are carried out on the shortlisted applications and applicants
- A phone interview is conducted with shortlisted applicants with a request for further information if required
- The applicant list may be reduced following phone interviews
- Final applicants are invited for a face to face interview (if required)
- Recipient(s) of funds identified and notified of successful submission
- Unsuccessful applicants are notified during the review stage where their application did not progress